The homicide case of a 35-year-old man accused of fatally shooting another man in October was dismissed on Nov. 19 in Baltimore City Circuit Court.
During Friday’s bail review, counsel informed Judge Robert K. Taylor that the case of Maurice Jones was dismissed.
Defense attorney Warren Brown told Baltimore Witness that Jones testified before a grand jury who refused to indict the case, which was then dismissed by the state.
Jones was charged with first and second-degree murder as well as assault, reckless endangerment, and several firearm-related charges. His bail review was originally scheduled last week but was postponed to allow Jones to appear in front of a grand jury for the murder charges.
The Baltimore Sun previously reported that police were called to the 600 block of Cherry Hill Road around 5 p.m. on Oct. 6 and found 31-year-old Seth Tunstall with gunshot wounds. The victim later died from his injuries.
During last Friday’s bail review, the prosecutor said the victim allegedly started the fight by hitting Jones. The fight progressed onto a sidewalk with Tunstall falling on his back and Jones allegedly stomping on and punching him.
Both men had guns on them during the fight; however, Tunstall was unable to load his gun and attempted to run away when Jones shot him twice in the back.