Baltimore Witness Summer Internship
Are you looking for an internship for the Summer? Then you should apply to Baltimore Witness.
Baltimore Witness is currently offering internship positions in Baltimore, MD to students and recent
graduates who are interested in pursuing careers in journalism, sociology, public health, data analysis or
Baltimore Witness gives interns knowledge and experience through reporting on court cases, analyzing data and identifying trends.
During the internship, interns can:
• Track violent crime cases;
• Attend court hearings/trials on violent crimes;
• Write brief and long-form stories on violent crime cases, data and trends;
• Research court documents and analyze Baltimore crime-reduction policies;
• Assist with interviewing families of defendants and victims;
• Interview court employees;
• Participate in multimedia projects; and
• Other administrative responsibilities.
This internship is unpaid but college credit may be offered. Parking is covered.
Baltimore Witness is a news site (www.baltimorewitness.org) that provides transparency on violent crime cases in Baltimore, MD. The site does this by collecting data on cases from date-of-death/incident to judicial resolution, reporting on court proceedings, and conducting interviews.
The site is a sister site to the successful D.C. Witness news site (www.dcwitness.org) in the District of Columbia.
If interested in applying, please send a resume, cover letter and writing sample to the Assistant Editor Alyssia Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org.