Thank you for reading Baltimore Witness. Help us continue our mission into 2024.Donate Now
A 26-year-old man accused of kidnapping three squeegee boys, and shooting two of them, had his case dismissed on April 18 when a Baltimore City prosecutor said she was unable to locate a witness necessary for trial.
Zhamiel Dixon was originally charged with two counts each of attempted first and second-degree murder, kidnapping, first-degree assault, and reckless endangerment, in addition to five weapons charges for the incident on May 19, 2022.
During what was supposed to be a jury selection for Dixon’s trial on Tuesday, the prosecutor provided this update to Baltimore City Circuit Court Judge Jeannie Hong alongside the defendant’s attorney, Jason Silverstein. Despite her efforts, the prosecutor said, she could not locate the witness and therefore, Judge Hong dismissed the case.
Baltimore Police previously reported Dixon’s arrest four months after he allegedly shot two men, ages 17 and 23, on the 2400 block of Edmondson Avenue. One of the victims was shot in the head, while the other was shot in his neck.
Both victims survived their injuries.Follow this case